PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
In this role you will be working in our Full Stack team where you will be responsible for driving increases in user interactivity and user engagement of an ever-growing network of websites. The primary focus will be on developing unique tools, widgets and elements that will directly add value to each and every visitor experience.
You will also work on making cutting-edge and creative tools that will make the rest of the Tech Team's jobs more streamlined, which means that you will need to be confident in your backend development skills. The role will require you to be fluent and confident on both backend and front-end technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
The main responsibilities of the role will be to assist in managing and producing high quality interactive widgets and tools for both users and also your fellow team members. You will be tasked with creating industry leading engagement and interactivity in a highly competitive industry. You also will be responsible for helping improve and refactor the current codebase, in an effort to enhance the workflow of the network of sites being worked on.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
You will need to:
- Have full working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Be able to easily navigate and understand the document object model.
- Know what impacts the speed of a website from both the front and backend and take it into consideration with every piece of code you write.
- Have experience with and also be able to use a version control system.
- Not only be able to write excellent procedural code, but also write object oriented PHP and be fully versed on classes, objects, interfaces.
- Be familiar and experienced with the Symfony framework.
- Mysql experience for queries and command line fixes.
- Understanding of caching technologies and how they work and when they should be used.
- Debugging and code profiling experience.
- Knowledge of public API's and how to interact with them as well as how to build and manage your own.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme.
- Amazing culture and cool offices.
- Generous training budget & learning and development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme.
- 25 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional paid leave when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year period.
- Private medical care scheme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Birthday treats, long service awards, & most-valuable player award.
- Company week-long convention abroad.
- Free fruit and drinks available in the office.
- Monthly nights out.
- Free lunches on Fridays.
- Charity days.