PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, delivery, and communication of studies that reveal the motivations and behaviours of users across a wide portfolio of new and existing websites.
Working closely with teams across the company including Technology, Design, SEO and Content you will evaluate and lead analysis on traffic, conversion and engagement drivers.
The successful candidate will bring a strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies as well as best practices and core principles of great user experience, ensuring that any user journey is an outstanding experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
In this role you will:
- Own web analytics, evaluate revenue opportunities, and build business cases to ensure future growth of products.
- Plan, execute and communicate user experience research that provides tangible findings and clear calls to action.
- Perform deep-dive analysis and statistical tests to get to the bottom of performance drivers and determine impact of site changes on key metrics.
- Create dashboards to monitor performance and visualize insights.
- Set up and management of customer insight tools including surveys, heatmaps and user tests, as well as providing input into how we can improve our in-house analytics and reporting tools.
- Communicate analysis findings and recommendations to various levels including organization leadership.
- Produce recommendations for improvements and prioritise statistical experiments that will prove whether your hypothesis is right or wrong.
- Represent the customer's voice in the product development process while working with designers, product owners, and developers to address opportunities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role, as well as examples of delivering research that achieves audacious goals and drives commercial growth.
- Have exceptional analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Have experience of creating personas, customer journey maps, process flows.
- Have experience of quantitative methods e.g. questionnaire design, behavioural analysis, statistical/analytical concepts.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong ability to interact with and influence senior stakeholders & organisation leadership teams.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Web Analytics tools (Omniture & Google Analytics).
- Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and qualitative techniques (e.g. heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, tree tests, lo-fidelity prototype testing, interviews, field research).
- A strong understanding of relevant technology and digital trends and research experience in multiple digital channels.
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, specifically demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary + Bonus Scheme
- Training budget & learning and development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private medical care scheme.
- Subsidised Gym membership.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Birthday treats, long service awards, most valuable player award.
- Company week long convention abroad.
- Complimentary fruit and drinks available in the office.
- Monthly nights out.
- Free lunches on Fridays.
- Charity day.
- 25 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Additional paid leave when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year period.