PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery, and communication of studies that reveal the motivations and behaviours of users across a wide portfolio of new and existing websites.
Working closely with teams across the company including Technology, Design, SEO, Conversion, and Content, you will evaluate and lead customer insight analysis with an overarching goal of improving user experience.
You will bring a strong understanding of both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, as well as best practices and core principles of great UX, ensuring that any user journey is an outstanding experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
In this role you will:
- Plan, execute and communicate user experience research that provides tangible findings and clear calls to action.
- Create dashboards to monitor performance and visualise insights.
- Set up and manage customer insight tools including surveys, heatmaps and user tests.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to various levels including senior team members.
- Produce recommendations for improvements based on the different types of users and their profiles.
- Represent the customer's voice in the product development process while working with designers, product owners, and developers to address opportunities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
To be successful, you must have an exceptional understanding of UX and UI principles, and be able to understand the user psychology and different profiles of our online visitors.
You will also need to:
- Demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role, as well as examples of delivering research that achieves audacious goals and drives commercial growth.
- Have experience of creating personas, customer journey maps, process flows, wireframing as well as carrying out user testing studies on prototypes and live sites.
- Have experience of quantitative methods, including: questionnaire design; behavioural analysis; statistical and analytical concepts.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong ability to interact and influence senior stakeholders.
Technical skills and abilities:
- Preferred Bachelor or Masters in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, or equivalent.
- Solid experience in IA.
- Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and qualitative techniques (e.g. heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, tree tests, lo-fidelity prototype testing, interviews, field research, usability testing, UI reviews).
- A strong understanding of relevant technology and digital trends and research experience in multiple digital channels.
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, specifically demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme.
- Amazing culture and cool offices.
- Generous training budget & learning and development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme.
- 25 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional paid leave when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year period.
- Private medical care scheme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Birthday treats, long service awards, & most-valuable player award.
- Company week-long convention abroad.
- Free fruit and drinks available in the office.
- Monthly nights out.
- Free lunches on Fridays.
- Charity days.